At its Annual Workplace Excellence Award Event on June 19, 2008, the AWE presented the first AWE EcoLeadership Award, recognizing visionary employers that are paving the way for environmentally sustainable workplaces. Eco-friendly policies and practices attract talent, increase productivity, reduce costs, improve employee morale and loyalty, and project a strong public image.
To be considered for the AWE EcoLeadership Award, businesses must complete a comprehensive and rigorous assessment process led by an Independent Review Panel of academics and business professionals.
Award-winning employers demonstrate commitment to environmental sustainability in the following categories:
||Waste Minimization: reducing the impact of waste in all business and production processes (i.e. recycling, equipment purchasing, printing)
||Water Conservation: reduction or re-use (i.e. faucet aerators, water efficient landscaping)
||Pollution Prevention: elimination of toxic and hazardous substances from the workplace and use of environmentally conscious products (i.e. non-toxic cleaning products, biodegradable soap)
||Environmentally-Conscious Travel: reduce or offset travel-related emissions (i.e. transportation incentives, carpooling board, electric, hybrid, or fuel-cell car rentals)
||Energy Efficiency: reduce energy use, streamline operations and contribute to healthier environment (i.e. alternative energy use, carbon offsets)
|CONGRATULATIONS 2012 WINNERS
• American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
• AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals – U.S.
• AtSite Inc.
• Booz Allen Hamilton
• Calvert Investments, Inc.
• Carroll Hospital Center
• College of Southern Maryland
• Corporate Network Services
• Dynaxys, LLC
• Federal Realty Investment Trust
• Foundation Financial Group
• Global Environment Fund
• Holy Cross Hospital
• Honest Tea
• Hughes Network Systems, LLC
• Human Genome Sciences, Inc.
• The Humane Society of the United States
• JBS International, Inc.
• Main Event Caterers
• Marstel-Day, LLC
• MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
• Montgomery College
• PRIZIM Inc.
• SRA International
• Transportation Management Services, Inc.
• Washington Real Estate Investment Trust